- Accommodates: 6 – 8 — (please limit the number of adults to 6, but cottage can accommodate 8 including children)
- 3 bedrooms,
- 1 full bathroom w/shower,
- 1 enclosed outdoor shower (hot/cold),
- living room/dining area,
- fully-equipped kitchen (see below)
- Kitchen: Fully-Equipped with Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Cooking Utensils, Toaster Oven, Electric Drip Coffee Maker, Coffee Grinder, Blender
- enclosed porch,
- 28 windows allowing ocean breezes,
- window A.C. in all rooms & enclosed porch
- ceiling fans
- electric baseboard heat
- clothes line but no washer-dryer
- built-in-bookshelves, nooks, real piano. . . perfect for a family trip to the beach or an artist/musician/writer hideaway.
- Master Bedroom with Queen size bed; 2 Bedrooms – each with 2 twin beds; Queen sofa bed in living room; 1 day bed on porch
- There is Cable TV with small flat-screen TV), a DVD player w/ a few DVDs for your use, CD player/radio
- Cottage has WIFI
- Parking Off Street
- Enclosed Porch: picnic table, day bed, chairs,
- Outside: Picnic Table, Adirondack Chairs, Charcoal Grill
- Bicycles – 1 men’s and 1 women’s
- No smoking cottage
- No Pets
The Clarke Cottage is built all on one level and is easily accessed since there are no steps. The backyard area is secluded and private, with beautiful live oaks, bayberry/wax myrtle, pine, holly and other natural coastal plants.
Weekly rental includes access to amenities of the Southern Shores Civic Association (SSCA), including sound side beach, oceanside parking, SSCA boat ramp, bike paths, walking trails through dune areas as well as maritime forests, frequent sightings of abundant wildlife. . .Cottage diagonally across from 17 acre natural preserve area.
Just 1,000 feet to the beach with direct access on Porpoise Run (cottage faces Porpoise Run).
Cottage featured in 2013, 2014, 2016, & 2019 Southern Shores Historic Flat Top Cottage Tour and on the Facebook Page:
Check out our Clarke Cottage Facebook Page for frequent updates: